One question lots of people ask is: ‘How do you embed a YouTube video?’
Videos are a great way to share interesting content with your readers: they are entertaining and keep people’s attention better by engaging more of the senses. The problem is, how do you get a video from the net to show on your blog? This tutorial will show you how to embed videos on WordPress. In this example, we show you how to embed a YouTube video.
1) Start your blog post like normal.
2) While in editing mode, click the ‘HTML’ tab.
3) Next, go to the YouTube video you would like to embed.
5) A window appears showing you options for your video, such as size and color, as well as code to copy and paste. Choose your options, then highlight (Ctrl-A) and copy (Ctrl-C) the code.
6) Go back to your blog post, and in the edit window, paste the code you just copied. Save or publish your article.
That’s it! Other video sites are similar. Just look for the ‘Embed’ option. You’ll be given code to copy and paste. If other sites don’t give you the embed option, search for the video on YouTube or another site that might.
Be aware that depending on several different factors (your wordpress host, wordpress version, theme, etc.), switching to ‘Visual Mode’ may delete some of the code in your video and disable it.
wordpress tutorials, yooyube, embed you tube video, you tube embed, how do you embed a youtube video