Posts tagged statcounter topics here
For those of you who use StatCounter, we recommend you block your IP address* so your visitor stats are not artificially inflated.
To do this:
1) Log in to your StatCounter account. related here
2) Next to your chosen Project, click the wrench icon.
3) Click ‘Edit settings’.
4) Under ‘IP Blocking’ enter the number you see on the left.
5) Click the ‘Edit Project’ button. That’s it!
I recommend you check this on a monthly basis, as your IP address can change without you knowing it.
* – What is an IP address used for? To give each computer network an identity, kind of like an address. Just like you want your mail sent to the right location, you want your web information sent to the right computer. IP addresses help with this function.
tags: how 2 block ur ip, statcounter topics here, what is an ip address used for