One question lots of people ask is: ‘How do you embed a YouTube video?’
Videos are a great way to share interesting content with your readers: they are entertaining and keep people’s attention better by engaging more of the senses. The problem is, how do you get a video from the net to show on your blog? This tutorial will show you how to embed videos on WordPress. In this example, we show you how to embed a YouTube video. (more…)
For those of you who use StatCounter, we recommend you block your IP address* so your visitor stats are not artificially inflated.
To do this:
1) Log in to your StatCounter account. related here
2) Next to your chosen Project, click the wrench icon.
3) Click ‘Edit settings’.
4) Under ‘IP Blocking’ enter the number you see on the left.
5) Click the ‘Edit Project’ button. That’s it!
I recommend you check this on a monthly basis, as your IP address can change without you knowing it.
* – What is an IP address used for? To give each computer network an identity, kind of like an address. Just like you want your mail sent to the right location, you want your web information sent to the right computer. IP addresses help with this function.
tags: how 2 block ur ip, statcounter topics here, what is an ip address used for
Widgets give you control over the content of your sidebars. You can use them for links, ads, navigation… the possibilities are endless. View this tutorial to learn how to add a widget to your WordPress sidebar.
This tutorial will show you how to configure Gmail to send email from your own domain* (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Configuring Gmail this way is a great way to brand yourself, and maintain a professional appearance. Additionally, you get all the benefits of Gmail (we love it!).